Mutares SE & Co. KGaA is a European private equity investor specialised in turnaround situations and corporate carve-outs. Potential acquisition opportunities are usually underperforming and/or non-core assets that have significant operational improvement potential and need to be repositioned as a stand-alone company.
Mutares primarily invests in companies that have an established business model and operate along the three industry segments Automotive & Mobility, Engineering & Technology and Goods & Services. Platform investments usually range between EUR 50m and EUR 500m in terms of sales.
Mutares actively supports and develops its portfolio companies with its own operational team improving the company’s performance on site. Additionally, Mutares’ investment team supports the growth of the companies through strategic add-on acquisitions. The objective is to achieve a significant increase in value with a focus on sustainable growth of the portfolio company.
For our M&A Team, we are looking for an Associate (m/f/d) / Manager (m/f/d) in our office in Paris, starting as soon as possible:
- Coordination of due diligence streams for buy- and sell-side transactions
- Analysis of business models and development of turnaround as well as growth strategies
- Analysis of company information (financial statements, documents provided via virtual data rooms etc.)
- Coordination of internal due diligence streams (esp. Finance, Operations, Legal, Tax) and external teams (W&I, Insurance, Guarantees, Environment, Financing, IT, Legal)
- Responsibility for financial modelling
- Setting up model structures and advanced modelling of monthly financial statements
- Incorporating key findings of the due diligence streams into the model assumptions
- Normalization of working capital
- Analysis of debt and debt-like items
- Assessment of valuation methods to determine enterprise and equity value
- Preparation of offer documents
- Support in the negotiations of key transactions documents (SPA, TSA etc.)
- Support in the origination of new projects (deal sourcing)
- Guidance and coaching of Interns
- Top tier Master’s degree (ideally with a specialisation in finance or economics)
- 2 to 4 years of professional experience in M&A, PE, Consulting or Transaction Advisory
- Experience in turnaround situations is a plus
- Excellent language skills in French and English, German is a plus
- Very good MS Office skills (in particular Excel and Power Point)
- Team player, and hands-on attitude, independent thinking
What We Offer
- Working as part of a highly motivated, international, committed and young team
- High degree of responsibility and exposure in projects
- Exciting and high-paced working environment with changing challenges and tasks for a continuous personal and professional development
- Attractive remuneration combined with flexible working hours
- Regular team events and offsites
Please send your CV, motivation letter and any supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Kontakt und weitere Informationen
Tel. +49 89 9292 7760